This course provides an introduction to logic design and the basic building blocks used in digital systems, in particular digital computer.
- Understanding of digital logic at the gate and switch level including both combinational and sequential logic elements.
- Understanding of the clocking methodologies necessary to manage the flow of information and preservation of circuit state.
- An appreciation for the specification methods used in designing digital logic and the basics of the compilation process that transforms these specifications into logic networks.
- To begin to appreciate the difference between hardware and software implementations of a function and the advantages and disadvantages of each.
- Public / Private Sector
- Introduction to Logic Circuits
- Optimized Implementation of Logic Functions: Karnaugh Maps and Minimum Sum-of-Product Forms File
- Optimized Implementation of Logic
- Implementation Technology
- Optimized Implementation of Logic Functions
- Number Representation and Arithmetic Circuits
- Combinatorial Circuit Building Blocks
- Flip-Flops, Registers and Counters
- Synchronous Sequential Circuits
- VHDL for Sequential Circuits File
- Design of Finite State Machines Using CAD Tools File
- State Minimization
PDF, moodle books
An introductory course in computer science or comparable programming experience.
You will learn:
- The operation of latches, flip-flops, counters, registers, and register transfers.
- To analyze the operation of sequential circuits built with various flip-flops.
- The concepts of datapaths, control units, and micro-operations and building blocks of digital systems.
Additional reading will be given to students.
- Brand: RapidSkillz
- Product Code: RAPSKZDIGLOG
- Availability: 100